This statement sets out NHR Group Ltd policies relating to the collection and use of your personal information on our website.
Your personal information is important to us:
We recognise that your privacy is very important and that you have a right to control your personal information. We acknowledge that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take this responsibility very seriously.
The following sections set out how we process and protect your personal information and safeguard your privacy.
How we collect information about you:
Whenever you visit the NHR Group Ltd website, our servers automatically record information about your usage, such as the time of the visit, as well as the duration and the pages you visit. This is to help us understand what parts of our website our users enjoy the most. “However,” the information we collect from you and about you through this process remains anonymous.
We may use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- To process your contract when hiring a vehicle or a trailer;
- To communicate with you about your rental or account and provide customer support - This includes sending you emails pre and post-booking including feedback surveys;
- To bill and collect outstanding amounts owed to us. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, outstanding notices, issues with your bank card (Credit Card or Debit Card). We use third parties services for secure credit card payment processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your bookings and credit card payments;
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with New Zealand court orders, NZTA requests, NZ Police requests and other appropriate legal mechanisms;
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding;
- To provide information to advisors or representatives, including lawyers, consultants and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting and security requirements;
- To enable you to access and use our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- For internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- To run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- To consider your employment application.
- Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer's hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. However, if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them. In some instances, however, this may mean you will not be able to take full advantage of parts of the NHR Group Ltd website.
- Cookies provide us with aggregated information on how users interact on our website. Cookies do not identify you personally as the user, they identify your browser.
How we use and disclose your information:
- We will not disclose any information about you without your consent unless it is:
- Required by law or to enforce our rights.
- We believe it necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested.
- We suspect that your use of the website is in breach of the usual way websites are meant to be used.
- To protect the rights or property of North Harbour & O’Neill’s Rentals, as well as any NHR Group Ltd user or any member of the public
- To lessen a serious threat to a person's health or safety.
- We will never share your personal information with a third party or allow a third party to promote its products and services directly to you without your explicit consent.
Communicating with you:
From time to time, we may send you offers from NHR Group Ltd or from our associated partners, email communications or newsletters to which you have subscribed. You can manage the type of information you receive from us by:
Either ‘unsubscribing’ from the message you receive; or
Advising us via the contact form on our website (please allow seven days for this request to be processed).
How we store your information and keep it secure:
- We will take all reasonable care and the required steps to keep secure any information we hold about you and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities.
- We don’t keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means (Secure Servers, Encrypted Transmission of Data including Credit Card details) to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
- You can also play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of all passwords and account details relating to your account with the NHR Group Ltd. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
How you can access your information:
If you wish to access and / or correct information held about you, you can request this information by emailing us at NHR Group Ltd– firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to respond to your request within 10 days from receipt of your request.
What happens on sites that NHR Group Ltd provides links to?
Vehicle Tracking and Locating:
We make use of GPS tracking devices to track and locate our vehicles. The information collected from the GPS devices can be supplied to the authorities (Police or any other) in the event that the vehicle is stolen or failed to be returned on time. It can also be used, but not limited to cases of emergencies, incidents and accidents to verify time and location and for any other purpose permitted under the Privacy Act or any other law.
PHOTOS & VIDEO
NHR Group LTD Locations may be equipped with video security surveillance systems as well as cameras that may record as our vehicles depart/enter our lots and these cameras may take images or photos of you, authorised drivers and passengers.
We may take an image or photo of you and scan your drivers licence, passport or other identity document to confirm information you provided NHR Group Ltd.
- Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles.
- They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. Learn More
- We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
- We have implemented the following: Demographics and Interests Reporting
- We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
- Opting out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
What to do if you have a problem or a question?
Any problems or questions you may have regarding your privacy are of utmost importance to us and we will endeavour to deal with these issues as a matter of urgency.
You are requested to make contact with the Privacy Officer as soon as possible either by email – email@example.com or by calling NHR Group Ltd– (09) 4151955.
What to do if you have a complaint?
NHR Group Ltd complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 2020, should you feel that NHR Group Ltd has breached your rights under this Act please write to:
The Privacy Officer
NHR Group Ltd
255 Bush Road
Alternatively, you can contact the Privacy Officer directly, either by email – firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling NHR Group Ltd– (09) 4151955.