Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where are your prices?
A. If you select Book a Vehicle at any point on the site you can see all pricing.
Once a vehicle has been selected you have the option to either book that vehicle or recive a quote
Q. What license do I need to hire a truck?
A. Your Drivers licence must be presented on the day of hire, prior to commencement of hire.
- 2 – 3 Ton Truck – current full Class 1 (Standard Car)
- 4 – 7 Ton Truck – current full Class 2 (Medium Rigid)
- 10 Ton Truck – current full Class 4 (Heavy Rigid)
The largest box body truck we can hire you on a car license is our 21m3.
Q. What are the terms and conditions when I hire
A. Click here for the full terms and conditions.
Q. Do you do WINZ quotes
A. Yes we are an official WINZ supplier, Some conditions apply for WINZ customers contact us for further details
Q. What are the requirements re insurance?
A. Our Standard insurance excess is $3000.00 inc GST
- Private hires may be reduced to $1000.00 inc GST by way of payment of an optional insurance waiver. Zero excess windscreen cover is included for all hires using our insurance cover.
- This option is not available to companies or organizations.
- This option only applies to fully licenced drivers 25 years of age or older.
- The insurance excess is payable if there is any damage to the hire vehicle or third party.
Q. Can I provide my own insurance cover?
A. You can provide your own cover, We will require a cover note from your broker showing full unconditional cover for rental vehicles, the amount of cover and the expiry date of the policy.
Q. Do I need to pay a bond?
A. Yes on pick up we take an estimate of the hire + $500 bond.
Q. When do I have to pay?
A. At the time of booking we will take your Credit or Debit card detals.
The day prior to your hire we will contact you and confirm the hire is still going ahead.
Then we will process the bond on your card. The balance remaining at the end of hire will be transfered back on return.
Q. What happens if I break down or get a flat tyre?
A. Included in all or hires is 24hr nationwide breakdown assistance.
Q. How long do I get the vehicle for?
A. Our day rates are based on a 24hr period from either 730am - 730am or 5pm - 5pm.
Q. Do I need to display a TSL?
A. If you are moving goods for hire and reward in a vehicle with a GVM over 6 ton, yes you do. Click Here for further info.
Contact the Auckland truck rental experts today on 0800 110 110
255 Bush Road, Albany, Auckland, PO Box 302-211, North Harbour 0751